Dr. John A. Basil
Voted one of Pittsburgh Magazine’s Top Dentists, Bioesthetic Dentist Dr. John Basil has developed an expertise on how the entire chewing system functions.
Dr. Basil is one of only two dentists in the state of West Virginia to have completed the extensive curriculum of Orognathic Bioesthetics International (OBI) Levels I, II, III, and IV, which makes him one of the top 1/2 percent of dentists in the world who have completed such training.
As a result, he is well-versed in treating TMJ problems and the associated symptoms such as headaches, neck and shoulder pain, clenching and grinding. Since a healthy and properly functioning chewing system is biologically sound, the esthetic result is always beautiful.
On a more personal note, Dr. Basil is very happily married and he and his adorable wife, Mary, have three beautiful teenage children of which he and his wife are very proud!
Dr. Basil is a graduate of West Virginia University with a BA in Chemistry and a D.D.S. degree from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry.
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study
- Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Certified by the Dental Organization for Consious Sedation (Anxiety-Free Dentistry)
- Schuster Center for Professional Development in Scottsdale, AZ
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Bioesthetic Dentistry
- West Virginia Dental Association
- Wheeling District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Discovery Study Club in Pittsburgh, PA
- Wellsburg Chamber of Commerce
- Brooke County Rotary